Friday, March 26, 2010

Reflecsham

As I age
My mind's at this stage
My heart's filled with doubt
Of things I'm not sure about
I'm not sure why I'm here
Rather than there
I'm tired of hearing
Life isn't fair
I too, am guilty
Of saying it much
While dreaming of soil
My feet can't touch
While dreaming of sunshine
On my face
Or even rain
From a different place
Anywhere but here
And they'll say the same
Praying that someday
They'll be rid of their pain
And their pain is far different
From my own
They're in search of shelter
While I face the storm
Am I ungrateful
For wanting more
While others knock
On heaven's door
Destined for a purpose
I can't ignore
My soul wondering
What it's here for
It has a destiny
Of that I'm sure
Because of all
It has endured
Through adversity
It has prevailed
Striven for victory
And yet, has failed
Longing for something
Unexplained
With no territory
It remains unnamed
I rely on my heart
To lead me there
Longing to learn
Something other than despair
It's hard to feel whole
When your soul is empty
Easy to feel alone
When surrounded by plenty
Of people who live
Less consciously than you
And sadly, to themselves
Are untrue
Who are governed by tangible happiness
By which their lives are controlled
But you don't need riches
If you have a heart of gold

No comments: